Ashford University is not a typical educational institution with spacious halls and labs for the students who have just finished their final year at high school. Their format is the studies online for the students of different age, demographics, and background. The university is accessible to those who cannot spend hours in the college rooms. Their degree programs range from Bachelor to Doctoral.
They have created affordable and innovative programs for individuals looking for the improvement of their lives and careers.
Ashford University courses are a perfect alternative to college classrooms. They have programs for all age groups. You can be a fresh school-leaver and a person who decided to continue education after 10 or 20 years from college. Your attendance is not bound to a classroom schedule. If you want to combine work and studies, online courses at Ashford University are the most convenient scenario you can ever find.
Contacts of the Ashford University
Ashford has an HR department that helps customers find their learning programs, payment system, and schedule.
Find out more about Ashford University on social networks:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ashfordu/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashfordu
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ashforduniversity/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/school/ashford-university/
- For more information and admission details, please contact by еmail: [email protected] –
- Ashford University
- 8620 Spectrum Center Blvd.
- San Diego, California 92123
- United States
About the Ashford University
Ashford University consists of six colleges. You are free to choose your online program at any of them. They offer over 80 degree programs in diverse areas. Among popular courses there are:
- Project management
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Health Care Administration
- Business Information Systems
- Information Systems Management
- Criminal Justice
- Public Administration
- Special Education
You can choose the qualification according to your interests, career and education goals.
University follows the principles that have become a distinctive feature of the institutional policy.
- Encouragement. They inspire students with new perspectives and enable them to find the right tools to reach their goals.
- Guidance. They create a positive and enabling atmosphere for students to grow.
- Rectitude. They are committed to providing equal conditions for each individual. The communication between teachers and students is based on mutual respect. Administration and teachers treat everyone at the university with fairness and honor.
- First-class service. Quality of the programs and materials are the highest priority.
- Forward-thinking approach. They are in constant search for new ways to improve their educational services and polices.
Reviews for Ashford University
Degree programs offered by Ashford University online is the chance for a student to gain the best learning expertise together with deep knowledge of the subject.
High order thinking skills, analytical thinking, and creativity are the abilities that everyone at Ashford will develop easily. As the faculty teachers use innovative teaching approaches, including an inquiry-based one and others. Students are encouraged to carry out their research on a professional level, use their knowledge in the real world situations and improve their leadership skills.
Pros and cons of Ashford
Online education is associated with flexibility and all-day round availability of the course materials. At Ashford University, each student can access the classroom through his or her phone or PC at a convenient time.
Ashford University Accreditation
The accrediting bodies that evaluated the educational quality and accredited a variety of Ashford University programs are:
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- The International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
The accreditation process is aimed at the provision of solid guarantees to the students who apply to a diverse range of educational programs. The accrediting procedures ensure the following:
- The improvement of the institution and the educational process
- The guarantee of a high-quality education
- The integrity of the institution
- The relevance of the provided knowledge and skills to the current needs of the workforce environment
The International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) accredited several business and accounting programs of Ashford University.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management program of Ashford University is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). This accreditation is essential for students who are to take the Registered Health Information Administrator examination. The agency checks if the curriculum corresponds to the current requirements of the electronic health record system.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Bachelor program in nursing. The mission of the CCNE is to ensure a higher quality of nurse residency programs as well as to encourage the improvement of professional education.
Ashford University is a member of The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). CHEA assists over 3000 institutions in better understanding the trends of the accrediting agencies.
How it works
They have created a unified algorithm of studies that can be easily applied to all courses provided by Ashford colleges. The specialists considered diverse learning types and other peculiarities of the students and designed these convenient schedule recommendations.
The Ashford week looks like that:
- Tuesday. The start of the studying week. This is the day when you log in, get acquainted with your teachers and fellow students and learn the basic instructions and review the tip of the tutor. You get the assignment list and start reading.
- Wednesday. Conversation time. Students exchange their discussion topics. They read the comments, responses and all that feedback from each other.
- Thursday. Critical thinking skill practice. Students use the resources of the Ashford Library to collect necessary materials for the research. Besides, they start the conversation on their second topic. For better results, they are instructed by the Ashford Writing Center.
- Friday. Use the support system. Consult with your tutor through the Ashford Mobile App. A tutor will help you trace your progress towards the completion of the course. Also, you can communicate with other students using their Facebook page.
- Saturday. Revision time. You finish classroom discussions and start to write your paper using Ashford Library sources. This is also the time to format your paper according to APA style.
- Sunday. Polish your paper using the Ashford Writing Center Checklist and submit it to the teacher. Get your paper graded.
Step 1: Select the program with the help of the Advisor. It is quite difficult to find the course you need without professional assistance. Simply because there are numerous programs and degrees, you may like. However, an advisor will narrow the options taking into account your individual goals and skills. If you have not found the course that fits your current objectives, you can take General Education courses. They offer common undergraduate programs suitable for average requirements. Later on, once you have had more practice, you can change the course. In any situation, the help of the advisor is essential.
Step 2: Apply for the course. You will not wait a long time until your application is examined. They respond quickly after you fill in the form correctly. The required information includes your contact details, education and work history, and the name of the program you have chosen. Also, you have to inform them how you are going to pay for the Ashford education.
Step 3: Signing a transcript request page. They need it to receive the information from your previous educational institution. A support manager keeps in touch with the advisor and the managers from the Registrar’s Office in case they need a school transcript. Once the application is completed, your instructor gives you access to the online classroom. Please log in several days before Tuesday as this is your first day at Ashford University. Now you can use the Student Portal to the max. Also, use the Ashford Mobile app for more convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact your advisor by phone if there are any connection troubles.
Tuition and Fees in Ashford University
The cost of education at Ashford University is calculated individually taking into account your financial capabilities. The first thing you should know about their tuition policy is that it is affordable. Moreover, you have the chance to design your payment plan.
Other funding options to consider:
- Reimbursement from your current or potential employer
- Basic education costs
The price for credit is $485.00. Other expenses include:
- Technology fee
- Essay assessment fee
- Instruction and course materials fees
- Official Transcript
- Education Records
- Graduation fee
- Duplicate Diploma, etc.
With Ashford flexible curricular and other development resources, you can grow professionally and extend personal horizons. They offer networking events and all-round support in a job search. You can find important contacts with alumni, employers and recruiting agents with the help of their career services department.
For those seeking professional training, Ashford provides diverse sessions and consultancies. Take advantage of using their Portal as there are numerous options for your advancement.
For more payment details, please contact the support manager. Apply for the course of your dream and get a degree using Ashford Portal.